Some months back, I decided to take on the responsibility of making dinner every single day, rather than sporadically.
Here are a few benefits I got (and get) from it:
- Anna (my wife) loves it
- I’ve learned how to cook to a much greater degree
- I can now cook stuff in quite relaxed manner (it never feels like a big task or chore anymore)
- I cook the food I like to eat
- We’re much more efficient with ingredients and shopping – we practically never throw food out anymore
- I feel great about contributing with this rather large task
I took did stint with a service (Aarstiderne) that sends recipes and their ingredients to your house once a week, which forced me out of my comfort zone for a few months, and I learned a bunch of new cooking techniques, uses of various spices and vegetables. It was a great mini-education.